Monday, June 7, 2010

7 June - Day 116



Today was a holiday and we were both off work so "M" surprised me and told me that I could pick out two recipes and he would cook them for me (anything I wanted)! I looked through all of my Delicious magazines (a gift from M's parents) and selected two beautiful dishes. My lunch selection was corn soup with pan fried mushrooms. I was in charge of reading the recipe and "M" was in charge of cooking. "M" was more than half-way through making this dish when I realized that the recipe called for the ingredients to be pureed. That wouldn't be a problem for most people but we didn't own a blender - until today! Instead of getting upset with me, "M" just laughed and said "Ok, let's go buy a blender". Not an easy task on a holiday when most of the stores are closed. After calling 3 stores with no luck, we finally found one open. Blender in hand, we returned and "M" finished the dish (at 3:00pm). It was worth the wait! Very yummy and we are both taking the leftovers to work tomorrow. After cleaning up from lunch, "M" started on dinner. I had selected an aromatic chicken pilau with cinnamon, tomato and nutmeg which was another new recipe from Delicious magazine. This dish has 11 spices, several of which we have never cooked with. It smelled like Christmas in our house and the dish tasted amazing. We have plenty of leftovers and I look forward to eating this again tomorrow night. We had a great day cooking together. I am very fortunate to have a husband who spoils me!

No comments:

Post a Comment