Thursday, June 3, 2010

3 June - Day 112


These two black books may not look like much but they mean the world to me. When we were dating, my husband saved every email we sent to each other. On my first birthday during that time, I unwrapped my present and saw these two black books. When I opened the first page and saw the date, I knew what it was and couldn't quit crying. I had no idea that he had saved every single email. During 10 months, we accumulated a 2 volume love story. On the last page, he typed the following vital statistics:
Pages: 526 (single spaced and double-sided)
Paragraphs: 10,096
Lines: 28,367
Words: 250,805
Characters: 1,129,622
Cutting, pasting, formatting, binding: Countless hours!
On the front page, he wrote: Our love, captured, forever!!
I thought of this because I'm off work tomorrow and want to go see the movie Letters to Juliet. I don't really know what the film is about but the tag line is "The greatest love story ever told is your own." I couldn't agree more and am so happy that my husband kept those emails and that we have our love story in print.

No comments:

Post a Comment