Friday, June 4, 2010

4 June - Day 113



The Perth Wildcats are Western Australia's professional basketball team. They won the 2010 Championship and are the most successful team in the league. They have achieved five championships and have appeared in the finals for 24 straight seasons. Knowing that I am a big basketball fan, "M" took me to a Wildcats game shortly after I came to Perth. We had a great evening but it was a very different experience compared to a US professional game. The stadium was much smaller, similar to a small college stadium and they didn't have any cheerleaders. Instead, an announcer would use a microphone and start chanting DEFENSE! The most surprising thing was that they played loud dance music almost the entire game, including when the players were on the court. We felt like we were at a nightclub watching a basketball game : ) "M" had never been to a game before and was just as surprised as I was. We had fun but I prefer my basketball American style : )

No comments:

Post a Comment