Sunday, May 16, 2010

16 May - Day 94





This West Virginia girl has planted her first vegetable garden. Hard to believe that it's in Australia! We went to Bunning's (the smaller equivalent to Lowe's)to buy the plants and in all of my excitement, I was grabbing everything imaginable. We left with several different types of salad leaves (cos, rocket, spinach...), tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, snow peas, snap peas, green beans, coriander, mint & basil as well as some new garden gloves and wellington boots for me. I had to look the part! "M" dug the rows while I planted. My favorite part was seeing the tags in the ground. When I told "M" this he simply said "Yes dear, we should have just planted the tags and saved $130." Pretty typical coming from a Finance guy : ) We managed to get most of the vegetables and herbs planted this evening but have a few things left and then we can sit back and watch our garden grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment