Saturday, April 10, 2010

11 April - Day 59











Wow!! What a night! Our 7 course dinner (degustation) with matching wines turned out beautifully thanks to "M." We had such a great time preparing during the day and spending the evening with our friends. They were such gracious guests. All images are courtesy of "N" who takes amazing photos and made us feel as though we were in a magazine shoot. "D&A" brought the very tasty champagne which was paired with the amuse bouche. "J&C" really outdid themselves by bringing a flourless chocolate tort with fresh berries as well as a dessert wine and "S&C" also brought a delicious dessert wine. "S" was able to share some of his thoughts about the wines (due to his expertise as a Viticulturist) which was fantastic! It was so nice to have the table that "M's" Dad built for us completely full for the first time. I have to reserve most of my praise for my husband who did an outstanding job cooking and plating all of the food!! Every dish was prepared exactly as we had hoped - even the duck breast which he had previously never cooked. Here are a few comments left by our guests on their comment cards:
"Great chowder....I need that recipe!"
"Fabulous pork - really loved this, amazingly tender"
"The thai beef salad was a pleasant surprise. I've never enjoyed as much as I did tonight. The dressing was superb."
"Thank God the Duck wasn't tough! My vote is for the Duck."
"My favourite was the Lamb." "Lamb was the best." "The food was delicious and very hard to "judge" a best. I think my vote would be 1) Lamb."
"Great wine pourer...top notch!!!"
"Only a madman could have pulled it off. So lucky we had the right man for the job."
"You are both great cooks & hosts & it has been a pleasure"
The pictures of each dish are in serving order. There is also a picture of the chef and a very happy wife with her chef husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment